Own a piece of the VA Tech Supercomputer
MacMall is selling the individual G5s that were used to make the Virginia State University supercomputer, or “BigMac” which was ranked third fastest on the planet. The 1100 desktop computhers are being sold since VA Tech is upgrading to Mac’s Xserver machines. They come with dual 2.0GHz processors, 1GB of memory and a 160GB Harddrive for $2,799. They start shipping next week so if you are one of those crazy collector types you’d better order fast.
MacMall is selling the individual G5s that were used to make the Virginia State University supercomputer, or “BigMac” which...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update