REM’s Peter Buck gave away iPods full of downloaded songs
In an article about REM, The Guardian reports that guitarist Peter Buck filled up the iPods of everyone who worked in the recording of their latest album—Around the Sun (Dig)—with songs that he thought they might like. Personalized 10,000 songs mix!
He recently filled up the iPods of everyone who worked on REM’s new album with songs that he thought they might like - and considering iPods can take up to 10,000 songs, this was a Herculean feat of downloading. “He’s become obsessed with it,” says Stipe. “He has done this for everyone who worked on our new record, including the engineers, who he had only known for a couple of weeks. What’s interesting is to discover what he thinks we should be listening to. Mike got entire albums by Miles Davis, for example, while I only got the greatest hits.
In an article about REM, The Guardian reports that guitarist Peter Buck filled up the iPods of everyone who worked in the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs