Decorate your Mac: Sno
Today's tip for decorating your Mac is Snö. I first came across Snö about a year ago, and it's become a holiday staple for my iMac. Described as a "useless application" by its author (that's a bit harsh, I think), Snö produces a snowstorm on your active desktop (there's a screensaver included as well). Control how quickly the flakes spin as they fall, their opacity and shape, speed, size and so on. Note that the desktop app is pretty processor intensive, so you may want to stick with the screensaver. Snö is open source, free and requires Mac OS 10.1 or better.
Thanks to Appleology for reminding me of this!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free