Decorate your Mac: Sno
Today's tip for decorating your Mac is Snö. I first came across Snö about a year ago, and it's become a holiday staple for my iMac. Described as a "useless application" by its author (that's a bit harsh, I think), Snö produces a snowstorm on your active desktop (there's a screensaver included as well). Control how quickly the flakes spin as they fall, their opacity and shape, speed, size and so on. Note that the desktop app is pretty processor intensive, so you may want to stick with the screensaver. Snö is open source, free and requires Mac OS 10.1 or better.
Thanks to Appleology for reminding me of this!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update