iPod appears in Ford ad
It's Ford's intention to reach that coveted 25-35 year old demographic with the spot, and "...[it] plays into that generation's love of technology and their love of music. Also, the iPod is so iconic that people stop to watch the ad," says Linda Perry-Lube, car communications manager for Ford. So now the iPod itself is being used to sell other items. As Slate notes, " [that's] because people think it's a new iPod ad."
So, what's the effect on you, the consumer? Does the Fusion seem cooler, or does the iPod seem less so having been pawned out like this?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)