iPod appears in Ford ad
It's Ford's intention to reach that coveted 25-35 year old demographic with the spot, and "...[it] plays into that generation's love of technology and their love of music. Also, the iPod is so iconic that people stop to watch the ad," says Linda Perry-Lube, car communications manager for Ford. So now the iPod itself is being used to sell other items. As Slate notes, " [that's] because people think it's a new iPod ad."
So, what's the effect on you, the consumer? Does the Fusion seem cooler, or does the iPod seem less so having been pawned out like this?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free