10.4.5 Available via Software Update (for both PPC and Intel-based Macs)
As a Valentine's day present to us all, Apple has released Mac OS X Update version 10.4.5. Run Software Update now to download and install the System Update, but be warned: a restart is required. My Intel-flavored version of the update weighs in at 40.6MBs (Scott reports that his PPC version is only 6.4MBs in size) and "is recommended for all users and includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications and technologies: iChat video conferencing, Safari rendering of web pages, usability of Dashboard and widgets, viewing of QuickTime streaming media behind a firewall, printing to some Epson printer models, iDisk and Portable Home Directory syncing, time zone and daylight savings for 2006 and 2007, VPN connections to Cisco servers when using NAT, compatibility with third party applications and devices" and a slew of other "previous standalone security updates."
You can find more info about the update via this KBarticle. Lock and load.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync