iPod troubleshooting: Remember the five R's
I'd bet that many of us are familiar with the scenario that Don Foy describes at Macsimum News: You're listening to your iPod when it inexplicably freezes up. No amount of button pushing will get it to do anything. Or, you plug it into your Mac and nothing happens. It doesn't show up on the desktop and iTunes does not see it. How do you remedy the situation? As Don suggests, remember the five R's:
- Reset your
iPod Find out how to reset your model here.
- Retry with a different port. Perhaps the iPod itself isn't to blame?
- Restart your computer
- Reinstall the iPod software and iTunes
- Restore your iPod Caution: This wipes everything!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station