Shiny screens give me headaches
Someone in the comments to my morning post about the Apple Store being down noted this, and I agree: What's with the shiny screens on the new MacBooks? My friend Randall has a really shiny-screened HP laptop that he loves, but every time I use it I get a headache. I mean, they sell antiglare filters for desktops. Why do we want this on our laptops? Granted it makes the screen more visible outdoors with sunlight blaring on your screen, but ... I'm not sold on it. I guess I'll have to see one in person to make the call on whether to get my wife one of these or to go for an iBook.
What do you think? Should there be an option for glossy or not on the MacBook (like there is on the Pro model)?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature