More Portland Apple Store drama
We mentioned that the Portland Apple Store was a no go, but Cabel Sasser, Portland resident and Mac developer (of Panic fame) has investigated the story some more. It seems that the good people of Portland were concerned about Apple just plopping another carbon copy of an Apple store in their fair city. Apple, hip to style, worked with the Landmarks Commission to come up with a rendering as seen above, which is a departure from the normal Apple Store. Sadly, it still wasn't good enough and it looks like Apple is taking its ball and going home.
Cabel has heard that Apple might try again, and here's hoping they do. I mean, who doesn't like the Apple Store?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free