Uncle Walt still likes iPods, and iTunes too
Walt Mossberg, the king of tech journalists, offers up his review of Apple's latest iterations of the iPod and iTunes. Walt was impressed with the evolution of the iPod, along with the cut in price, and the redesign of the Shuffle, however, he thinks that the real action is happening in iTunes 7. It seems Walt really likes Coverflow, a feature that does very little for me but it is kinda cool the first time you see it. Walt likens it to browsing LPs in yesterdays (LPs, for our younger readers, were like big CDs that you played on a turntable).
Overall, Walt gives iTunes and the iPod a thumbs up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs