$25 iPods? Or cheap ripoff?
Spotted online: $25 Pistons-branded 128 MB MP3 player. Looks a little familiar, doesn't it. Kind of shuffle-y, in an "is it or isn't it" kind of way?
So is it an iPod? Or is it a ripoff. My guess? "Ripoff." The "supports MP3 & WMA" just screams of cheap imitation to me, plus nowhere in the ad do they mention the word iPod, let alone Shuffle. And did the Shuffle ever have a 128MB model?
I'm surprised this one has such official looking support. It comes preloaded with a message from National City Bank and Lindsay Hunter, and sale proceeds will benefit Breast Cancer Prevention.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)