Kensington discontinues Iridio mice
I love my Iridio. It is, if I am remembering correctly, my third Irideo in a row. It's small enough to fit my hand. It's Mac friendly. It has two buttons and it has a scroll wheel. It is, in other words, nearly a perfect mouse. Other than the fact that after about a year its USB bits die.
And now it's discontinued. I called up Kensington for tech support because it started having some USB problems (as did the previous 2, which I replaced on my own penny) and the technician told me they'd permanently discontinued the line. They sent out a Si300 laser mouse to replace it, but it's a honking big old thing that's far too large for me to use.
I went over to CompUSA to see if they had any Irideos left, but they were all sold out. I ordered a couple on Amazon, but they (Ritz Camera, actually, through Amazon) cancelled my order because they were out of stock. I just don't want to say goodbye to what is otherwise the most perfect Mac mouse ever.
So do any of you TUAW readers have any recommendations for a replacement? I'm looking for a sealed USB laser mouse with approximately the same dimensions that can comfortably fit into a small woman's hand. Thanks in advance for any hints.
I love my Iridio. It is, if I am remembering correctly, my third Irideo in a row. It's small enough to fit my hand. It's Mac friendly. It...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates