Micromat wants to put that spare iPod of yours to work. TechTool Protogo turns any portable media device (iPod, FireWire drive, USB key) into an industrial strength Mac troubleshooter. TechTool Protogo will format the device and enable it to boot Classic Macs (running OS 9 or earlier), PPC OS X Macs, and Intel Macs. You can then run a variety of utilities on your ailing Mac, or just run some maintenance routine's to keep your Mac in tip top shape.
TechTool Protogo ships on January 9th for $148.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter