Micromat wants to put that spare iPod of yours to work. TechTool Protogo turns any portable media device (iPod, FireWire drive, USB key) into an industrial strength Mac troubleshooter. TechTool Protogo will format the device and enable it to boot Classic Macs (running OS 9 or earlier), PPC OS X Macs, and Intel Macs. You can then run a variety of utilities on your ailing Mac, or just run some maintenance routine's to keep your Mac in tip top shape.
TechTool Protogo ships on January 9th for $148.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature