smcFanControl 2.0 supports all Intel Macs
The new version sits in your menu bar (unlike version 1.0, which was a regular dock-based application) and introduces fan setting presets and the ability to detect whether you're running on A/C or battery power. This is a great way to keep your Mac cool while controlling the noise from your fan.
Thanks, Mark Fleser.
Hendrik Holtmann's smcFanControl, a free (but donation-friendly) program released under the GNU public license, just got upgraded to...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved