iPhone ad to appear during today's Oscars ceremony?
Macworld UK has apparently heard it through the grape vine (or apple tree?) that Apple has secured some ad time for the iPhone during tonight's 79th annual Academy Awards ceremony. The proceedings kick off at 8 pm EST on ABC, and the ad was apparently "made for the Oscars," though no more details are available just yet.
I honestly wasn't planning on watching the Oscars, but now I'm hoping that Macworld hasn't gone the way of pageview-baiting because I just fired up the microwave for a jumbo popcorn session. Oh the things we do in the name of TUAW.
Update: The commercial has aired, see here for the recap and here for the video.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free