Found Footage: Apple TV Composite Hack in Full Color
Apple Hacker Mauricio Pastrana discovered a way to export composite video from his Apple TV in full color. He gives all the details in this handy YouTube tutorial. Normally, when you use composite out from AppleTV, you're limited to black and white video from the green channel. Instead, if you plug in HDMI output (he uses an HDMI-DVI adapter with a DVI-VGA adapter attached), and then switch resolutions with that attached, wait about 5 seconds, and reattach your RCA cable to the green channel, it suddenly switches to full composite color.
I haven't tested this myself, so let me know if it works for you.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update