Found Footage: Apple TV Composite Hack in Full Color
Apple Hacker Mauricio Pastrana discovered a way to export composite video from his Apple TV in full color. He gives all the details in this handy YouTube tutorial. Normally, when you use composite out from AppleTV, you're limited to black and white video from the green channel. Instead, if you plug in HDMI output (he uses an HDMI-DVI adapter with a DVI-VGA adapter attached), and then switch resolutions with that attached, wait about 5 seconds, and reattach your RCA cable to the green channel, it suddenly switches to full composite color.
I haven't tested this myself, so let me know if it works for you.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter