Mac 101: Switching apps within Exposť
After you invoke Exposé by using either the Exposé key, F9, or F10, pressing the tab key will cycle through your open windows, one application at a time (all the Safari windows, then all the Mail windows, then... etc.). Keep pressing the tab key until you reach the application that you are looking for.
If you want to return to the previous application while Exposé is still activated, just press shift + tab. You can select a specific open window in the app by clicking with the mouse or using the left/right arrow keys.
Want more tips and tricks like this? Visit TUAW's Mac 101 and TUAW Tips sections.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features