AOL's DailyFinance App updated
We noted the introduction of the DailyFinance app in April, so without rehashing old business... It's time to move Stocks off of your main apps page. The multifaceted DailyFinance app from AOL has been updated to version 1.2 and AOL has made a great app even better.
DailyFinance provides real time price information from the BATS Exchange, the third largest trading exchange in the country. A broker can choose to trade on the NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX or BATS which covers over 6,000 stocks. The correlation between exchange prices isn't perfect but can be very close in highly liquid stocks. If a stock is listed on BATS and NASDAQ for example, both quotes are displayed in DailyFinance, with a notation that the NASDAQ quote is delayed by 15 minutes. Being a trader I can tell you that those 15 minutes are often critical and buying real time quotes can be expensive.
DailyFinance automatically syncs your Portfolios and Watchlists with the AOL Money and Finance web site.
New features of this already solid app include:
- The ability to set your default screen from your settings app
- Re-ordering of your Watchlists in the same manner as re-ordering Contacts
- Alphabetical sorting of Portfolio symbols
- Re-ordering, or deleting news categories
- Horizontal views of news stories.
The app is elegantly executed, and serves as a one-stop portal for financial information. Market data is provided in a logical, easy to follow format that packs a huge amount of information on a small number of screens.
Download a free copy from the App Store and check it out for yourself. If you trade stocks, I think you'll be quite happy.
Note: AOL is the parent company of TUAW and Weblogs, Inc.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)