Apple distributes 1.5B apps in App Store's first year
Apple announced today in a short press release that it had
sold distributed 1.5 billion iPhone and iPod touch applications during the App Store's first year of existence.
Despite the slow economy, App Store
sales downloads appear to have accelerated since last year, showing a fairly positive polynomial trend. Apple is selling offering (via a packet-switched network) apps roughly five times faster than it did when the store opened.
The App Store now features 65,000 apps available to users in 77 countries. The iPhone Developer Program includes 100,000 members, too.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs