FastTrack Schedule 10 for Mac ships this fall from AEC Software
In the mid-1980s I was first earning my stripes as a project manager, and I was fortunate enough to have Apple's MacProject application to help me out. As Microsoft Project began to capture a larger share of the project management software market in the 1990s, Mac users weren't left out in the cold thanks to AEC Software, which introduced a powerful cross-platform project scheduling and management application called FastTrack Schedule.
FastTrack Schedule 10 is scheduled for release this fall, and includes a redesigned, iWork-like interface to make using the application much less intimidating. Experienced PMs are going to love the new assignment contouring capability, and other new features such as resource usage graphing on the Gantt chart and an iMedia browser for dropping in photos or diagrams also add to the mix. The application still retains a high level of data compatibility with Microsoft Project.
When the new version ships, existing users of FastTrack Schedule 9 can upgrade for US$149, while new users can purchase FastTrack Schedule 10 for US$315 by pre-ordering (regular price is US$350). If you're not familiar with the application, AEC Software also provides online training courses to bring you up to speed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Plants vs Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more "cool" stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support