TUAW Talkcast tonight at 9 PM ET with special guest
That's not a typo in the headline, we're doing our weekly TUAW Talkcast an hour early this week at 9 PM Eastern so that we can talk to our friend and former TUAW colleague, Nik Fletcher from Realmac Software, about Ember, LittleSnapper and other odds and ends.
Yours truly will be hosting, and I'm going to be making a personal announcement of my own -- so please tune in!
Last week Mike Rose and the gang discussed iTablet rumors, more on the App Store and general Mac-related goodness. You can download the show, along with all past shows, from Talkshoe or subscribe in iTunes.
To participate on TalkShoe, you can use the browser-only client, or you can try out the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for maximum fun, you should call in. For the web UI, just click the "TalkShoe Web" button on our profile page at 9 pm Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VOIP lines (take advantange of your free cellphone weekend minutes if you like): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *-8. Talk with you then!
Recording support for the talkcast is provided by Call Recorder from ecamm networks.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter