Current iPod SKUs are disappearing
If you're looking to own a current-generation iPod, you best buy one before they're gone. Ars Technica notes that vendors inside Apple's Authorized Reseller network are reporting that dwindling stocks aren't being met with new shipments, lending further credence to the presumption that September's press event will be about new iPods.
Apple typically introduces new iPods in September, just in time for back-to-school shopping. We've heard rumors that the whole line will get cameras, including the Classic. With 120GB of storage, that thing could hold a lot of photos. It's also quite likely that there will be a storage boost, but if the shuffle gets any smaller it'll simply cease to exist.
Personally, this just means I'll have another opportunity to call my fat nano an ancient artifact.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options