iPad jailbreak demonstrated
This didn't take very long. Above is a video demonstrating the so-called "Spirit" jailbreak of an iPad. Note that the software breaks iPhone OS 3.2, currently only available on the iPad. It also works with iPhone OS 3.1.3 for the iPhone and iPod touch.
In the video above, the user gets root access to the iPad and launches the Maps application. iPhone owners typically jailbreak their devices to use other carriers. Of course, the 3G iPad scheduled to be released this month will be sold unlocked, but it's 3G frequencies will be limited to AT&T in the US.
Good work, MuscleNerd. You're fast!
[Sorry for the duplicate news, miscommunication in the edit bullpen. –Ed.]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs