Pittsburgh Apple store burgled again
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Walnut Street Apple Store in the Shadyside neighborhood is closed this morning due to a smash-and-grab theft.
A cinder block was used to shatter the glass doors of the store sometime around 5:30 AM, and a phone call to the store confirms that they were indeed closed this morning. According to the Post-Gazette, the thieves made off with thousands of dollars worth of MacBooks and iPods.
This isn't the first time we've seen the Shadyside store victimized by criminals. Back in November, it made national news with another smash-and-grab crime.
Of course, any storefront retail outlet with thousands of dollars' worth of portable/fenceable inventory is likely to be a prime target for theft. Sadly, it happens way more frequently than we'd like.
Thanks to Steve A. for the tip.
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Walnut Street Apple Store in the Shadyside neighborhood is closed this morning due to a...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements