Apple reportedly yet to order iPhone 5 parts
If you're excited to buy the iPhone 5 this summer, you might want to relax a bit. Reports from China are saying that Apple hasn't even started securing the parts for a brand new version of the iPhone, which would mean that there's almost no way a new version could be released this year. Especially with all of the changes described in the recent rumors, Apple would need to start early to get all of the manufacturers working on making enough of a new iPhone to go around, and according to this source in China, those manufacturers haven't heard word one.
When you combine that with what we heard about WWDC lacking a hardware announcement, it's very likely that we won't even hear about a brand new version of the iPhone until this fall. That's fine -- the iPhone 4 is a very solid device, and it's still selling well. If Apple's cloud aspirations are realized this year, the company from Cupertino will have plenty to work on anyway.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync