Apple to launch Back to School promo next week
AppleInsider is reporting that Apple will begin its annual back-to-school promotions next week. The promotions typically run from late May/early June to the first week in September. Shoppers can probably expect a free or discounted iPod touch when a Mac is purchased, as that is usually what Apple has offered in years past.
AppleInsider didn't list a specific date for this year's launch, but past year's back-to-school promotions have launched as early as May 25, and as late as June 5. The promotions usually wrap in early September -- or about a week before Apple launches new iPods. When Apple does announce the dates of this year's back-to-school promotions, you can bet that not only will the new iPod touches not ship before the end of the promotion, but probably the next iPhone and launch of iOS 5 will not occur before then as well. Apple is rumored to be consolidating its iPhone and iPod touch launch events.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free