Camera+ 2.2.1 adds SMS sharing, on sale for 99 cents
Camera+, which will remain my preferred iPhone camera app even after iOS 5 debuts, rolled out a minor upgrade that included a major feature from the upcoming Camera+ 2.3 -- sharing via SMS. The sharing works by uploading your photos to taptaptap's server, then sets up an SMS text message with a URL for you to paste in. While it's not directly embedded such as with the native iPhone app, it is a fast way to share photos via SMS from Camera+. John Casasanta explains that Apple hasn't extended the knowledge of making MMS messages with attachments to 3rd-party developers at this time.
Other fixes include:
- An issue where people weren't able to login to Facebook to share images
- Improved launch time
- Crashing issues on older iOS devices
- Other performance enhancements and bug fixes
To celebrate the first anniversary of Camera+'s release, the price has dropped to US$0.99 for a limited time. Even if you think you're going to be wowed by the camera improvements in iOS 5, the feature set in Camera+ will continue to make it a top recommendation for any iPhone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync