Camera+ 2.2.1 adds SMS sharing, on sale for 99 cents
Camera+, which will remain my preferred iPhone camera app even after iOS 5 debuts, rolled out a minor upgrade that included a major feature from the upcoming Camera+ 2.3 -- sharing via SMS. The sharing works by uploading your photos to taptaptap's server, then sets up an SMS text message with a URL for you to paste in. While it's not directly embedded such as with the native iPhone app, it is a fast way to share photos via SMS from Camera+. John Casasanta explains that Apple hasn't extended the knowledge of making MMS messages with attachments to 3rd-party developers at this time.
Other fixes include:
- An issue where people weren't able to login to Facebook to share images
- Improved launch time
- Crashing issues on older iOS devices
- Other performance enhancements and bug fixes
To celebrate the first anniversary of Camera+'s release, the price has dropped to US$0.99 for a limited time. Even if you think you're going to be wowed by the camera improvements in iOS 5, the feature set in Camera+ will continue to make it a top recommendation for any iPhone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates