Apple releases Thunderbolt Firmware Update
Apple has released a firmware update for Macs equipped with the new Thunderbolt I/O port. The update provides the usual "performance and stability fixes" that Apple's firmware updates are famous for.
As with all firmware updates, Apple stipulates that the power on your Mac must not be interrupted or disturbed as you apply it, because the consequences of an interrupted firmware (as opposed to software) update can be disastrous.
The update is less than a megabyte in size, and as of now it's only necessary for the MacBook Pro and iMac models released this year -- as they're the only models with Thunderbolt ports, for now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free