Apple releases Thunderbolt Firmware Update
Apple has released a firmware update for Macs equipped with the new Thunderbolt I/O port. The update provides the usual "performance and stability fixes" that Apple's firmware updates are famous for.
As with all firmware updates, Apple stipulates that the power on your Mac must not be interrupted or disturbed as you apply it, because the consequences of an interrupted firmware (as opposed to software) update can be disastrous.
The update is less than a megabyte in size, and as of now it's only necessary for the MacBook Pro and iMac models released this year -- as they're the only models with Thunderbolt ports, for now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features