Apple releases Thunderbolt Firmware Update
Apple has released a firmware update for Macs equipped with the new Thunderbolt I/O port. The update provides the usual "performance and stability fixes" that Apple's firmware updates are famous for.
As with all firmware updates, Apple stipulates that the power on your Mac must not be interrupted or disturbed as you apply it, because the consequences of an interrupted firmware (as opposed to software) update can be disastrous.
The update is less than a megabyte in size, and as of now it's only necessary for the MacBook Pro and iMac models released this year -- as they're the only models with Thunderbolt ports, for now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options