Apple releases Thunderbolt Firmware Update
Apple has released a firmware update for Macs equipped with the new Thunderbolt I/O port. The update provides the usual "performance and stability fixes" that Apple's firmware updates are famous for.
As with all firmware updates, Apple stipulates that the power on your Mac must not be interrupted or disturbed as you apply it, because the consequences of an interrupted firmware (as opposed to software) update can be disastrous.
The update is less than a megabyte in size, and as of now it's only necessary for the MacBook Pro and iMac models released this year -- as they're the only models with Thunderbolt ports, for now.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client