Apple releases Thunderbolt Firmware Update
Apple has released a firmware update for Macs equipped with the new Thunderbolt I/O port. The update provides the usual "performance and stability fixes" that Apple's firmware updates are famous for.
As with all firmware updates, Apple stipulates that the power on your Mac must not be interrupted or disturbed as you apply it, because the consequences of an interrupted firmware (as opposed to software) update can be disastrous.
The update is less than a megabyte in size, and as of now it's only necessary for the MacBook Pro and iMac models released this year -- as they're the only models with Thunderbolt ports, for now.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter