Perian updated to 1.2.3, fixes several 1.2.2 bugs
Perian, a plugin that vastly expands QuickTime's suite of supported video codecs, has been updated to 1.2.3. The Perian 1.2.2 update released in April apparently introduced a fair number of new bugs, and 1.2.3 is essentially a bugfix release designed to squash them.
While Perian said 1.2.2 would be the last version to support pre-10.6 versions of Mac OS X, the system requirements for 1.2.3 still state that Mac OS X 10.4.7 and above are supported. The update includes the following bug fixes:
- Some Fraps videos only displayed black.
- Workaround checks for Front Row stopped being effective.
- Fixed compatibility with web video playback.
- Worked around System Preferences crashing during an update on 10.6.
- Further fixes to Matroska import.
The update is just under 4 MB, and you can either download it from Perian's site or check for updates from the Perian prefpane in System Preferences.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync