Perian updated to 1.2.3, fixes several 1.2.2 bugs
Perian, a plugin that vastly expands QuickTime's suite of supported video codecs, has been updated to 1.2.3. The Perian 1.2.2 update released in April apparently introduced a fair number of new bugs, and 1.2.3 is essentially a bugfix release designed to squash them.
While Perian said 1.2.2 would be the last version to support pre-10.6 versions of Mac OS X, the system requirements for 1.2.3 still state that Mac OS X 10.4.7 and above are supported. The update includes the following bug fixes:
- Some Fraps videos only displayed black.
- Workaround checks for Front Row stopped being effective.
- Fixed compatibility with web video playback.
- Worked around System Preferences crashing during an update on 10.6.
- Further fixes to Matroska import.
The update is just under 4 MB, and you can either download it from Perian's site or check for updates from the Perian prefpane in System Preferences.
Perian, a plugin that vastly expands QuickTime's suite of supported video codecs, has been updated to 1.2.3. The Perian 1.2.2 update...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs