QuickTime 7.7 released for Mac OS X Leopard and Windows
QuickTime 7.7 has been released for Mac OS X Leopard and Windows 7, Vista, and XP. The update addresses several security holes in this older version of QuickTime and is a recommended update for systems running QuickTime 7.6.9 or earlier.
Mac users who are running Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion need not bother with this update, as QuickTime X is the default version of QuickTime Player on those systems and is not under the umbrella of this security update.
More information on QuickTime 7.7 is available on Apple's site. The update is about 70 MB and should show up if you run Software Update.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs