DOOM Classic updated with Retina graphics, now a universal app
DOOM Classic, id Software's iOS port of the seminal 90s first-person shooter, has just been updated to version 2.0. It's a fairly major update that brings support for Retina Display graphics and support for the iPad and iPad 2. At last, DOOM Classic is a universal app that you can play on the iPad.
I never played DOOM on the PC back in the day -- never had a machine that could handle it -- but I played through the iPhone version last year and enjoyed it a lot. I'm looking forward to giving it another runthrough on my iPad.
DOOM Classic is US$1.99 on the App Store. If you already own the game, the update to Retina Display graphics and iPad support is free.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter