DOOM Classic updated with Retina graphics, now a universal app
DOOM Classic, id Software's iOS port of the seminal 90s first-person shooter, has just been updated to version 2.0. It's a fairly major update that brings support for Retina Display graphics and support for the iPad and iPad 2. At last, DOOM Classic is a universal app that you can play on the iPad.
I never played DOOM on the PC back in the day -- never had a machine that could handle it -- but I played through the iPhone version last year and enjoyed it a lot. I'm looking forward to giving it another runthrough on my iPad.
DOOM Classic is US$1.99 on the App Store. If you already own the game, the update to Retina Display graphics and iPad support is free.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client