DOOM Classic updated with Retina graphics, now a universal app
DOOM Classic, id Software's iOS port of the seminal 90s first-person shooter, has just been updated to version 2.0. It's a fairly major update that brings support for Retina Display graphics and support for the iPad and iPad 2. At last, DOOM Classic is a universal app that you can play on the iPad.
I never played DOOM on the PC back in the day -- never had a machine that could handle it -- but I played through the iPhone version last year and enjoyed it a lot. I'm looking forward to giving it another runthrough on my iPad.
DOOM Classic is US$1.99 on the App Store. If you already own the game, the update to Retina Display graphics and iPad support is free.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync