Apple updates Find My iPhone app
Apple has pushed out a minor update to the Find My iPhone app. The app allows users to track their iOS devices right from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Today's update doesn't bring any major changes to the app -- just "stability improvements" -- but it does seem to find devices quicker than the previous version for those of you running the iOS 5 beta (at least on my iPad 2).
I was personally hoping this update would enable you to track your Macs running Lion, however that is still yet to come apparently. Hopefully when it does, Apple will rename the app to something that describes all the devices its capable of finding. "Find My Devices" anyone?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype