Apple updates Find My iPhone app
Apple has pushed out a minor update to the Find My iPhone app. The app allows users to track their iOS devices right from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Today's update doesn't bring any major changes to the app -- just "stability improvements" -- but it does seem to find devices quicker than the previous version for those of you running the iOS 5 beta (at least on my iPad 2).
I was personally hoping this update would enable you to track your Macs running Lion, however that is still yet to come apparently. Hopefully when it does, Apple will rename the app to something that describes all the devices its capable of finding. "Find My Devices" anyone?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app