TeamViewer update allows remote file transfer
TeamViewer for the iPhone and TeamViewer HD for the iPad have received new updates that provide support for transferring any file from an iOS mobile device to a computer (and vice versa). Windows PCs as well as Mac OS X Lion and Linux systems are supported.
TeamViewer is free for private use, and will allow transfer pictures, videos or documents over a wireless or 3G network.
I tried a couple of file transfers using my iPad and a remote Mac and all worked as advertised, although the file transfer screens only worked in portrait mode, which seems an odd oversight. Some other remote access apps have file transfer features as well. LogMeIn Ignition comes to mind.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter