Restore Apple TV - Tip of the day
You can restore your Apple TV both on the unit itself and through iTunes. Choose Settings > General > Reset and click Restore to return your device to its factory-fresh state. If you can't make this happen directly, there's also iTunes. Make sure you have a micro USB cable on-hand (a lot of Bluetooth earpieces use this style for recharging, or you can buy one from a local computer store). Disconnect the HDMI cable and plug in the micro USB to your computer. Launch iTunes. You may need to disconnect power as well -- although TUAW's results on this vary. Once iTunes recognizes the unit, you can select it and click Restore. This downloads (if needed) and installs the latest firmware.
You can restore your Apple TV both on the unit itself and through iTunes. Choose Settings > General > Reset and click Restore to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free