Restore Apple TV - Tip of the day
You can restore your Apple TV both on the unit itself and through iTunes. Choose Settings > General > Reset and click Restore to return your device to its factory-fresh state. If you can't make this happen directly, there's also iTunes. Make sure you have a micro USB cable on-hand (a lot of Bluetooth earpieces use this style for recharging, or you can buy one from a local computer store). Disconnect the HDMI cable and plug in the micro USB to your computer. Launch iTunes. You may need to disconnect power as well -- although TUAW's results on this vary. Once iTunes recognizes the unit, you can select it and click Restore. This downloads (if needed) and installs the latest firmware.
You can restore your Apple TV both on the unit itself and through iTunes. Choose Settings > General > Reset and click Restore to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs