Hearing aids and the iPhone - Tip of the day
Did you know that the iPhone uses US FCC Hearing Aid compatibility ratings? Given a value from one (least compatible) to four (most compatible), the iPhone is rated on a per-network/per-bandwidth basis for both acoustic coupling (standard hearing aids) and inductive coupling (telecoil hearing aids).
The iPhone 4 offers perfect "4" hearing aid scores on the 3G network (850/1900 MHz) and on Verizon's CDMA network. When operating using 2G networks, the iPhone experiences some quality loss, particularly with acoustic coupling on 2G networks at 1900MHz, where it drops from a 3 down to a 2 rating.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station