Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me repurpose my G5 tower
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I have an old G5 tower and I want to re-purpose it in an awesome way. I've gotten suggestions like creating a server or putting another computer in it, but I am more interested in creating something clever and unexpected. Any ideas?
Your loving nephew,
Auntie thinks it would make an awesome iBarbie house for your kids. Uncle Victor suggested you create a Terrarium and Aunt Meg thought a mailbox might be a nice thought.
We all agreed that an EZ Bake Oven would be cool -- especially if you could use the superdrive to automatically feed the cake pan under the cooking light.
Anyway, Auntie thought it might be fun to throw this one out to all her nieces and nephews. Got an idea for Cousin Ben? Drop a suggestion into the comments!
Dear Aunt TUAW, I have an old G5 tower and I want to re-purpose it in an awesome way. I've gotten suggestions like creating a server...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free