Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me repurpose my G5 tower
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I have an old G5 tower and I want to re-purpose it in an awesome way. I've gotten suggestions like creating a server or putting another computer in it, but I am more interested in creating something clever and unexpected. Any ideas?
Your loving nephew,
Auntie thinks it would make an awesome iBarbie house for your kids. Uncle Victor suggested you create a Terrarium and Aunt Meg thought a mailbox might be a nice thought.
We all agreed that an EZ Bake Oven would be cool -- especially if you could use the superdrive to automatically feed the cake pan under the cooking light.
Anyway, Auntie thought it might be fun to throw this one out to all her nieces and nephews. Got an idea for Cousin Ben? Drop a suggestion into the comments!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter