Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me repurpose my G5 tower
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I have an old G5 tower and I want to re-purpose it in an awesome way. I've gotten suggestions like creating a server or putting another computer in it, but I am more interested in creating something clever and unexpected. Any ideas?
Your loving nephew,
Auntie thinks it would make an awesome iBarbie house for your kids. Uncle Victor suggested you create a Terrarium and Aunt Meg thought a mailbox might be a nice thought.
We all agreed that an EZ Bake Oven would be cool -- especially if you could use the superdrive to automatically feed the cake pan under the cooking light.
Anyway, Auntie thought it might be fun to throw this one out to all her nieces and nephews. Got an idea for Cousin Ben? Drop a suggestion into the comments!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options