Glooko raises $3.5M for glucose meter iPhone app project
Glooko makes it easy for customers with diabetes to monitor their blood sugar on the go. The company's MeterSync Cable lets users share data between self-monitoring blood glucose meters and an iOS app, Glooko Logbook (free). Glooko recently raised US$3.5 million in funding, ensuring that development will continue on new versions of its products.
Glooko Logbook, which debuted in November, 2011, lets patients create a logbook of readings, monitor and annotate daily blood sugar levels and finally share the lot with a doctor. The app and cable solution supports several meters, and Bayer's Breeze 2 meter was recently added to the list.
We've seen other iOS solutions for diabetes patients over the years, including the iBGStar. Researchers at Northeastern University have even been testing an iPhone-readable nanosensor tattoo, but at far as we know, that's still an experimental device.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature