A Navigon update will soon offer street level views
Google Street View is coming to Navigon iOS apps. The app will pop up a street-level view as you arrive at your destination so you can, for example, identify a particular building that is your destination. That should be of significant help when you are heading to an unfamiliar area.
Navigon was recently acquired by Garmin, but the lines of iPhone navigator software have remained separate.
It will be interesting to see how the street view feature works in practice. Some of the Google images are out of date, and as any navigation app user knows, keeping the software updated is an ongoing issue.
Navigon doesn't have a date for the new feature as yet, but we're told to expect it this spring.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)