Dark Meadow getting an update and free version, coming to Android
Dark Meadow is a title that's gained quite a bit of attention on the App Store since its release. It's a horror adventure game of sorts, though not that scary -- "dark fairytale" is what it calls itself -- with some really excellent graphics and pacing. If you've been turned off by the US$5.99 price in the past, good news: the title is going to be going free, kind of. There's a new content update headed to the game tonight that will include support for the iPad's Retina Display and a lot of new content and features for the title.
At the same time, there's a version coming out subtitled "The Pact" that will be free to download but won't include all of those new features and content. In short, if you want to play the game for free, you can. But if you want that new content, you'll have to buy the game. Current users will of course get the update for free.
Though we here at TUAW are naturally much more interested in iOS, if you happen to have an Android device and want to play the game, Dark Meadow's also coming out on that platform. That version will be updated to work specifically with the Tegra 3 processor, which we guess is all right. It's still got nothing on the A5, though.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs