Patent for advanced authoring tool from Apple looks like what iWeb should have been
Anyone remember HyperCard? I sure do. I miss HyperCard, an "authoring tool for the rest of us" that allowed mere mortals to make simplistic programs by ordering and linking "cards" and packing them up for users to try out on the Macs -- back in the 1980s, anyway. A patent unearthed by Patently Apple reminds me of HyperCard, and it looks similar to the toolset used to make iAds.
I think all of this just looks like what iWeb was meant to be: a standards-compliant, innovative, create-once-publish-anywhere tool that just works. Here's hoping we see it on the App Store soon!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)