iPhone, iPad are tops in enterprise activations
During Tuesday's earnings call, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that 94 percent of the Fortune 500 are deploying or testing iOS devices. Now those numbers are being validated by news from enterprise mobility tool provider Good Technology.
In an analysis of smartphones and tablets activated by Good's customers made during the first three months of 2012, the company found that the iPhone 4S claimed over 37 percent of all activations -- four times that of any other smartphone. The iPad 2 was in the second place spot for activations with 17.7 percent, while the new iPad (which was on sale for only two weeks during the quarter) was in the number four position with 4.3 percent of all device activations.
What's driving this demand for iPhones and iPads? According to Good, it's both corporate BYOD (bring your own device) programs and "proactive, company-owned iPad deployments." John Herrema, senior vice president of corporate strategy for Good Technology, was quoted as saying that the growth included "users who have both a smartphone and a tablet, with the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 as the most frequently occurring combination."
[via The Loop]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station