Apple details Facebook integration in iOS and OS X
As hinted by Tim Cook, Facebook is coming in a big way to iOS. Just like Twitter, Facebook will be integrated into iOS 6 with a single sign-in that's shared across apps. You can use this feature to share images from iPhoto, websites from Safari and locations from Maps. It'll be a public API so other apps can tie into this feature as well.
Not surprisingly, the Facebook integration will let you sync your Facebook contacts with your address book on your phone and your Facebook events with your calendar. It's very similar to the Facebook experience on Windows Phone. A similar integration will also be available on the Mac.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved