Apple details Facebook integration in iOS and OS X
As hinted by Tim Cook, Facebook is coming in a big way to iOS. Just like Twitter, Facebook will be integrated into iOS 6 with a single sign-in that's shared across apps. You can use this feature to share images from iPhoto, websites from Safari and locations from Maps. It'll be a public API so other apps can tie into this feature as well.
Not surprisingly, the Facebook integration will let you sync your Facebook contacts with your address book on your phone and your Facebook events with your calendar. It's very similar to the Facebook experience on Windows Phone. A similar integration will also be available on the Mac.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options