Andy Hertzfeld unhappy with Mac Pro update
Andy Hertzfeld, original Macintosh co-creator turned Google engineer, blasted Apple for its Mac Pro update. Hertzfeld said he was deeply disappointed "with the meagre (sic), lame update that was silently bequeathed to the Mac Pro today."
Apple didn't touch on the Mac Pro during the keynote and later listed the computer with a "New" label on its store. A quick check of specs revealed only a small processor bump and RAM upgrade, with no updates to other features like Thunderbolt or USB 3.0.
Hertzfeld says this improvement is "inconsequential" and adds "the only thing that's still high-end about it is the bloated price." He ends his rant by accusing Apple of "dropping the ball" on their high-end Macs and disappointing their "most loyal customers."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration