Andy Hertzfeld unhappy with Mac Pro update
Andy Hertzfeld, original Macintosh co-creator turned Google engineer, blasted Apple for its Mac Pro update. Hertzfeld said he was deeply disappointed "with the meagre (sic), lame update that was silently bequeathed to the Mac Pro today."
Apple didn't touch on the Mac Pro during the keynote and later listed the computer with a "New" label on its store. A quick check of specs revealed only a small processor bump and RAM upgrade, with no updates to other features like Thunderbolt or USB 3.0.
Hertzfeld says this improvement is "inconsequential" and adds "the only thing that's still high-end about it is the bloated price." He ends his rant by accusing Apple of "dropping the ball" on their high-end Macs and disappointing their "most loyal customers."
Andy Hertzfeld, original Macintosh co-creator turned Google engineer, blasted Apple for its Mac Pro update
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update