Apple wants Samsung injunction hearing date moved up
Late last week, Apple asked US District Court Judge Lucy Koh to speed up the decision on its injunction request against eight Samsung devices, says a report in FOSS Patents. Koh scheduled an injunction hearing in September, but the court will discuss the current ban against the Galaxy Tab 10.1, not Apple's injunction request. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 was banned earlier this year, but the jury found that the device does not infringe on any Apple patents. Samsung wants the injunction overturned now that the jury ruled in its favor.
Koh scheduled a second hearing in December to discuss Apple's injunction against Samsung, but Apple isn't pleased with that later date. Apple points out that this schedule is "asymmetrical" and asked the judge to make a decision on Apple's injunction before it considers the ban on the Galaxy Tab. Apple is likely pushing for an earlier hearing so it can ban Samsung from selling its devices during the holiday shopping season.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)