Apple wants Samsung injunction hearing date moved up
Late last week, Apple asked US District Court Judge Lucy Koh to speed up the decision on its injunction request against eight Samsung devices, says a report in FOSS Patents. Koh scheduled an injunction hearing in September, but the court will discuss the current ban against the Galaxy Tab 10.1, not Apple's injunction request. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 was banned earlier this year, but the jury found that the device does not infringe on any Apple patents. Samsung wants the injunction overturned now that the jury ruled in its favor.
Koh scheduled a second hearing in December to discuss Apple's injunction against Samsung, but Apple isn't pleased with that later date. Apple points out that this schedule is "asymmetrical" and asked the judge to make a decision on Apple's injunction before it considers the ban on the Galaxy Tab. Apple is likely pushing for an earlier hearing so it can ban Samsung from selling its devices during the holiday shopping season.
Late last week, Apple asked US District Court Judge Lucy Koh to speed up the decision on its injunction request against eight Samsung...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client