Open Signal Maps offers geographic best-coverage comparison
Getting ready for the new iPhone? Here's a tool that will help. The Open Signal Maps site compares coverage in various cities across the US, UK, Italy, Germany and Spain.
Select a country, enter your address or zipcode (do not be put off by the limited "city" pull-down list) and check the signal stats in your location. In Denver, Verizon had the highest scores. The interactive map allowed me to switch back and forth between Verizon and AT&T to spot-check particular places.
How does your location rate? Is the map showing you a carrier you hadn't considered? Drop a comment and let us know whether this information changes your mind.
Hat tip to Matt Yohe
Getting ready for the new iPhone? Here's a tool that will help. The Open Signal Maps site compares coverage in various cities across the US, UK, Italy, Germany, and Spain.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station