Open Signal Maps offers geographic best-coverage comparison
Getting ready for the new iPhone? Here's a tool that will help. The Open Signal Maps site compares coverage in various cities across the US, UK, Italy, Germany and Spain.
Select a country, enter your address or zipcode (do not be put off by the limited "city" pull-down list) and check the signal stats in your location. In Denver, Verizon had the highest scores. The interactive map allowed me to switch back and forth between Verizon and AT&T to spot-check particular places.
How does your location rate? Is the map showing you a carrier you hadn't considered? Drop a comment and let us know whether this information changes your mind.
Hat tip to Matt Yohe
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync