Open Signal Maps offers geographic best-coverage comparison
Getting ready for the new iPhone? Here's a tool that will help. The Open Signal Maps site compares coverage in various cities across the US, UK, Italy, Germany and Spain.
Select a country, enter your address or zipcode (do not be put off by the limited "city" pull-down list) and check the signal stats in your location. In Denver, Verizon had the highest scores. The interactive map allowed me to switch back and forth between Verizon and AT&T to spot-check particular places.
How does your location rate? Is the map showing you a carrier you hadn't considered? Drop a comment and let us know whether this information changes your mind.
Hat tip to Matt Yohe
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app