Evernote 5 for Mac announced, beta coming week of October 29
Evernote has become something of an indispensable tool for compulsive note takers, a group that will no doubt be happy to hear that a major update to the Mac version of the app has been announced. Evernote 5, as it's called, has been in the works for more than a year according to its developers and will feature a refreshed UI in addition to more than 100 new features.
The revamp is intended to improve usability by current devotees in addition to making the app more accessible to new users. Evernote is offering a sneak peek at the app's new functionality in the form of a video, which we've embedded below, and intends to make a beta version of Evernote 5 available for download the week of October 29.
Evernote (the company, not the app) recently came under fire from longtime users upset with its redesign of Skitch, the popular screenshot tool it acquired in the summer of 2011. We'll soon find out how Skitch's unpopular revamp has influenced the new Evernote, if at all.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support