Evernote 5 for Mac announced, beta coming week of October 29
Evernote has become something of an indispensable tool for compulsive note takers, a group that will no doubt be happy to hear that a major update to the Mac version of the app has been announced. Evernote 5, as it's called, has been in the works for more than a year according to its developers and will feature a refreshed UI in addition to more than 100 new features.
The revamp is intended to improve usability by current devotees in addition to making the app more accessible to new users. Evernote is offering a sneak peek at the app's new functionality in the form of a video, which we've embedded below, and intends to make a beta version of Evernote 5 available for download the week of October 29.
Evernote (the company, not the app) recently came under fire from longtime users upset with its redesign of Skitch, the popular screenshot tool it acquired in the summer of 2011. We'll soon find out how Skitch's unpopular revamp has influenced the new Evernote, if at all.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update