TUAW Year in Review: December 2012
Welcome to TUAW's Year in Review. Month by month, we're running down the top stories of 2012, all day long on New Year's Day.
Lost in yesterday's iFixit writeup of the 21.5-inch iMac was this small line in the description: "Interestingly, this iMac claims to have been assembled in the USA." Sure enough, a look at the...
Tim Cook sat down and talked with Rock Center's Brian Williams in an interview that aired Thursday night on NBC. Though the official version is not yet published, a few YouTube users recorded the...
Is that 27" iMac screen just not cutting it for your gaming needs? Introduced today, the new Big Picture mode available in the Steam client for Mac offers a front-end for your games that's...
GigaOM had a wonderful post about Loren Brichter yesterday. In case you're scratching your head and saying "Who is Loren Brichter?", you may have seen some of his work without even knowing...
I am not now, nor have I ever been an iTunes Match customer. But last night, I was able to download DRM-free copies of music I purchased from iTunes in the days before iTunes Plus via iTunes 11. I...
- Adobe turns 30 this week
- Apple hiring former Texas Instruments chip designers for Israeli R&D center
- Find My iPhone updated with driving directions
- Twitter for iPhone to offer photo filters
- iTunes Music Store finally coming to Russia tomorrow?
- Former Apple VP: Apple television won't happen
- Fortune: Apple's American-made computer will be 2013 Mac Pro
- Square now offers Passbook integration and gift cards
- See the Apple Store's global expansion in time-lapse map form
- iTunes 11 for the change-averse: Where did all that stuff go?
- Judge urges Apple, Samsung lawyers to seek 'global peace'
- Reality Absorption Field: The one-two punch (minus the two)
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS6 get Retina display support
- Australian town relocated into desolate parkland, per iOS 6 Maps (Update: fixed)
- TUAW Origin Stories: Developer Matt Drance
- Foxconn seeks to expand North American manufacturing operations
- Tim Cook discusses manufacturing, Maps in Bloomberg interview
- Tim Cook announces plans to manufacture Mac computers in USA
- Google Maps for iOS gets more than 10 million downloads right away
- Google launches YouTube Capture video sharing app for iPhone
- Dropbox for iOS updated to version 2.0 with all-new design
- The Daily staff offers a musical goodbye
- Reality Absorption Field: Apple's wireless way
- Apple announces the Mac App Store's Best of 2012
- You can finally gift apps from the App Store on iOS again
- iTunes 11.0.1 fixes AirPlay, brings back duplicate detection
- Review: Google Maps for iOS
- Google Maps now available on App Store
- 1Password 4 for iOS offers new interface, favorites, more
- Kickoff for Mac adds planning to group chat
- Fake installer malware makes its way to Mac
- Google CEO discusses relationship with Apple
- Your trusty TUAW blogger tries Windows 8
- Woz predicts that in 2013, iOS devices are headed to work
- Zynga shuts down 11 apps, including PetVille and Mafia Wars 2
- Mom gives son iPhone with 18-point contract
- Just in time for New Year's, RunKeeper upgraded to 3.0
- Preparing high-res icon files with Automator
- Production lines running through Chinese New Year to meet iPad mini demand
- Attempts to ban Apple devices could see Samsung fined $15 billion
- Bloomberg blames iOS device thefts for NYC crime rise
- "Sesame Street" app developers share experience, tips
- iPhone 5 launches in Africa, Caribbean and Southeast Asia
- A look at Apple's security efforts in 2012
- Apple wins patent rights to new curved glass process
- Will Ferrell Apple Switch ads are a holiday-themed blast from the past
- Five apps that put the Merry in Merry Christmas
- Karateka compared on the Apple II and the iPhone
- Cycloramic spins your iPhone 5 by itself
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)