TUAW Year in Review: July 2012
Welcome to TUAW's Year in Review. Month by month, we're running down the top stories of 2012, all day long on New Year's Day.
Apple's curtain of secrecy surrounding new products is almost legendary, but a former Apple employee passed along a story to Business Insider's Seth Fiegerman about how the secret of the iPhone...
It's here! Following a surprise announcement in February, OS X Mountain Lion has arrived (to use its full and formal title, sans the 10.8 version number). Barely a year after the release of...
Update: Marco Arment says that it appears that Apple did a reupdate of the affected apps. By doing this, he says Apple ensured that customers would not lose data by being forced to delete apps off...
The Independence Day holiday week is upon us, and millions of American families are heading out on the open road. Where past generations depended on paper maps and Mad Libs, the march of...
There's a new backdoor trojan exploit out there for Mac users that appears to originate in China, specifically targeted at political activists in the Uighur movement against that country. The...
- Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview ready for rent from iTunes
- iOS claims 65% of mobile web marketshare
- The iPhone doesn't have the power to ruin (or rescue) everything
- Russian hacker circumvents iOS in-app purchases
- Apple reverses course on EPEAT environmental standard, eligible products once again included
- How Apple's North Carolina data center got built
- Andreas Illiger announces Tiny Wings 2, coming next week
- Apple wins sixth solar power patent
- Is The Daily on thin ice?
- Malware affecting Macs running older versions of OS X
- Airbus creates electronic flight bag apps for pilots with iPads
- No Comment: Android tablet not actually endorsed by Steve Jobs
- RealMyst now on the App Store
- Apple cracks down on site selling iOS 6 betas
- DNSchanger standby servers will go dark Monday 7/9
- Legendarily horrible film "MANOS" gets its own iOS game
- Apple rolls out iTunes movies in the Cloud to UK, Australia, Canada, more
- How the iPad changed the NFL
- UK judge to make Apple acknowledge Samsung didn't copy Apple
- Woz's backpack brings new meaning to "overpacking"
- WSJ: iPhone future includes thinner screen, other details cloudy
- Apple Store artist's first-person story of his visit from the Secret Service
- iPad "mini" drumbeat continues as NYT supports rumor of smaller tablet
- Apple's new Mac ads feature a helpful Genius
- Mountain Lion 101: Safari
- Building an OS X Mountain Lion installer thumb drive
- Farewell, Lion, you've served us well; Apple removes 10.7 from App Store
- A look at 18 notable Apple Alumni
- Rock Band games to be removed from iOS App Store this month
- Siri celebrity ad series continues with Martin Scorsese
- Mountain Lion's AirPlay Mirroring + Reflection = infinite regress fun
- The Daily to cut 50 staff members, switches to vertical-only layout
- Reminder: iWork.com beta shuts down today
- Apple adds Hulu Plus to Apple TV
- Rumor: Apple holding an iPhone event on September 12
- Subway iPad theft leaves reporter with broken jaw
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)