TUAW Year in Review: June 2012
Welcome to TUAW's Year in Review. Month by month, we're running down the top stories of 2012, all day long on New Year's Day.
Apple has just announced a brand new MacBook Pro model at the WWDC Keynote in San Francisco. The new notebook is still extremely small, though it's not quite as tiny as a MacBook Air -- about two...
Apple has announced iOS 6 with more than 200 new features, including significant changes to programs such as Siri. Other new icons spotted include Maps. We'll update with further details as the...
Apple announced that Mountain Lion will be available in July for US$19.99. Upgrades to Macs purchased as of today will be free. Any system going back to Snow Leopard can update at this...
Messages has been in beta for a bit, but today Apple showed off what's coming in Mountain Lion, and I think it finally fixes a huge problem with our devices: conversation fragmentation. You may...
In the upcoming release of iOS 6, Siri will be undergoing a number of changes. One of the most significant is the integration of third party apps such as Yelp and OpenTable. Features include...
- New MacBook Pros announced with Ivy Bridge processors, up to 2.7GHz quad-core i7s.
- New MacBook Air announced with Ivy Bridge CPUs, USB 3.0
- How 'Marklar' OS X on Intel owes its start to a one-year-old boy
- WWDC keynote now available online
- The WWDC 2012 prediction post: Community edition
- iOS 6 "officially announced" by new WWDC banners
- NYC may let iPhones hail taxis
- Foursquare 5.0 gets a major overhaul
- The iPad's main competition is the old iPad
- Google promises 3D map imagery for iOS
- You're the Pundit: What hardware upgrades will WWDC give us?
- WSJ: Apple's ouster of Google Maps from iOS is coming
- iPads help airline shed two tons of in-flight entertainment gear
- A hands-on reconsideration of the Newton
- Standalone podcast app from Apple coming to iOS 6
- Microsoft planning to launch its own tablet... again
- Side-by-side browsers on MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Comparing Google maps and Apple's maps on iOS 6
- Time, Inc. will sell its magazines on Apple's Newsstand
- Attention world: the MacBook Pro with Retina display does have optical audio out
- Engadget reviews MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Tim Cook suggests new pro Macs in 2013
- The contentious case against the MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Taking a close look at the MacBook Pro's Retina display
- WWDC 2012 by the numbers
- Apple introduces Smart Case for iPad
- Apple launches all-new AirPort Express
- Apple unveils new Maps app in iOS 6
- Five apps for Father's Day
- Apple/Motorola reciprocal patent lawsuits dismissed in Chicago
- Tumblr 3.0 for iPhone completely rebuilt
- Sandboxing keeps TextExpander 4 out of the Mac App Store
- iFixit examines the MacBook Pro Retina display
- No Comment: iOS 6 Maps icon not to be taken as literal routing advice
- Old reel-to-reel tape played back with Square reader on iPod touch
- iBook Lessons: The absolute beginner
- iPhone 5th Anniversary: A video retrospective
- iPhone 5th anniversary: How I accidentally became an iPhone user
- iPhone 5th anniversary flashback: Welcome to 2006 and the height of Apple Phone predictions
- Apple's Senior VP of Hardware Engineering, Bob Mansfield, is retiring
- Facebook to launch "faster" iPhone app in July
- Getting Ready for Mountain Lion: Messages
- iPhone estimated to have generated $150 billion in revenue globally
- The whys and wherefores of a shrunken Dock connector (Updated)
- Orbitz profiles Mac users with pricier hotels, here's how to block
- Rare video of Woz from 1984 talking about computing, joining Apple and the Mac
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration