TUAW Year in Review: September 2012
Welcome to TUAW's Year in Review. Month by month, we're running down the top stories of 2012, all day long on New Year's Day.
Apple has announced the iPhone 5. If you've been following the rumors over the past month or so, the device's appearance won't be surprising -- it looks exactly like the leaks, made of a mix of...
As foretold by our own Richard Gaywood, Apple unveiled a new dock connector for the iPhone 5. Called Lightning, the new connector is 80 percent smaller than the current 30-pin version. Besides...
The "letter from the CEO" tradition at Apple has continued into the Tim Cook era, as Apple's chief executive has released a letter to customers regarding the ongoing iOS 6 Maps issues. While the...
Apple's Earbuds were introduced with the original iPod in 2001. After 11 years, Apple has replaced the iconic white earpieces with the EarPods (US$29). I bought a pair right away, as they're only...
I've harped on this before, but it bears repeating: Apple is in for the fight of its life when it comes to making the TV experience better. A new report in Bloomberg, citing a number of sources,...
- Five iOS apps to help you say goodbye to summer, hello to fall
- iPhone revenue greater than all of Microsoft's
- Airline support of iOS 6 Passbook reportedly ready for takeoff
- Fox News: New iMacs are imminent
- Microsoft Office for Mac now has Retina support
- iOS 6 available for download starting at 1pm ET
- Fox 5 New York gets suckered by iPhone 5 concept video
- New Samsung Galaxy ad attacks the iPhone 5
- Tim Cook's apology shows that Apple cares, but still needs to fix problem
- Nightline uses Find My iPad to sting sticky-fingered TSA officer
- Don't like your Lightning cable? Double Helix will mod it for you
- Users reporting a big bag of hurt with iTunes Match and iOS 6
- Apple reportedly meeting with Swiss Federal Railway over iOS 6 clock
- The iOS 6 Maps app is why my next phone may be a Samsung, not an iPhone 5
- One not-so-secret reason Apple built its own Maps for iOS 6
- FBI and Apple separately deny being source of leaked iPhone UDIDs
- Making money in a crowded App Store: it's dog eat dog and Spy vs Spy
- Apple announces media event for Sept. 12
- TNW issues cautionary tale about using the iPhone as your only camera
- Who owns your iTunes? Bruce Willis probably doesn't care (Updated)
- What can you say to Siri in iOS 6?
- Developer's 10-year journey to the iPhone launch stage
- Lightning 30-pin adapter works with analog audio, "iPod Out" doesn't mean what you think it means (Updated)
- The iPhone 5's confusing international LTE support
- Ping to bow out on September 30
- Apple posts video of iPhone 5 event
- No, Virginia, you can't have a universal LTE iPhone 5
- iPhone 5 camera has improved specs, better low-light performance
- iOS 6: Talking to Siri and having fun
- People worldwide wait in line for the iPhone 5
- Apple says Maps "will get better"
- Safari exploit used to gain control of iPhone at Pwn2Own
- iOS 6: Accessibility gets a boost
- Maps for iOS 6: A great start but some big gaps
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration