Apple to release Q2 2013 earnings results on April 23
Apple updated its investor relations page on Monday to reveal that the company will post its earnings results for Q2 2013 on Tuesday, April 23. Per usual, an earnings conference call will follow at 5 PM ET. Typically, this is where CEO Tim Cook and CFO Peter Oppenheimer go over Apple's earnings in further detail and answer an assortment of questions from analysts.
Naturally, all eyes will be on Apple and its perceived ability to maintain the tremendous growth it has enjoyed over the past few years.
For historical context, let's take a quick look at Apple's Q2 results from the past two years.
During Apple's second fiscal quarter of 2012, the company posted revenue of $39.2 billion and a quarterly net profit of $11.6 billion, resulting in EPS of $12.30.
During Apple's second fiscal quarter of 2011, the company posted revenue of $24.7 billion and a quarterly net profit of $6 billion, resulting in an EPS of $6.40.
So quarter over quarter, Apple's Q2 profits increased by nearly 94 percent from 2011 to 2012. While no one on Wall Street anticipates Apple's Q2 2013 growth to be anywhere near 94 percent, it'll be interesting to see how drastically the addition of the iPad mini to Apple's fleet of products will affect its bottom line compared to last quarter.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)